Friday, February 24, 2012

New Challenge





So, just a little update ... a girlfriend of mine decided to start a challenge with some friends of ours. She was hoping to find a little motivation, just like the rest of us, so we all put $50 in the pot and winner (% of weight lost) wins the cash!!! $350!! Not a bad incentive but to tell you the truth I'm not as focused on the money this time as I have been in the past. I just want to loose the weight, encourage a few friends along the way and hope that in 4 months I'm half way to goal. And if that means that I win the most % lost then YEAH me!! But if not I will still be half way to goal and on a good start to a healthy me! FOREVER!! :)



I am still not 100% on any one plan, I want to live my life in a healthy way so I am finishing off my NS food, I cancelled my auto shipment and will just be ordering a few things I like for breakfasts and snacks. Lunch and dinner will be on my own so in the mean time I am trying to get in the habit of counting calories and logging them into this great new app I found - My Fitness Pal, I love this app it is better then any other calorie counting app I have used and I love that at the end of the day it tell you "If you have more days like this you will be X lbs in 5 weeks" and if you had a good day the number is awesome but if you had a crummy day then the number isn't as nice to look at. I find that it motivates me to keep having good days. :)



We started the challenge on Monday so I will have my first weigh in this coming Monday, I'm hoping for at least 2-3lbs. I know there are a bunch of things I still need to work on, like cream in my coffee, stopping for a latte after going to the gym (as my reward - but completely defeats the point) I need to slow down on my evening drinks, only one "cheat" night a week. I believe that if I can get my liquid calories on track the weight will start to fall off! :)

No comments: